CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!






Hooray for Halloween!!!   We had started to talk about what each of the girls wanted to be back in September (because I just get so excited about these things)  and one day we were driving to the mall to get ideas, as we were driving  I got all kinds of different answers from Emeli and Eden and Sarah all of a sudden started to yell "my turn my turn"  so I asked her thinking it would be something her sisters had just said  Nope!  In her deepest voice very sure of her self says " I want to be a turtle!"  I about died from laughing so hard.  So we walk into the mall and guess what we found the turtle costume!  As we walked out of the store she was beaming with pride holding her bag!   A couple of weeks latter Emeli told me she needed to be a rainbow fairy  and Eden a yellow fairy!

So this year we decided to have a family Halloween party!!  We had a lot of fun and it all made Halloween so much more festive and fun!  We had a donut eating contest, a pumpkin rolling contest and a little dance contest, and of course lots of yummy food!! Afterwards we took the kids trick or treating and some stayed behind to pass out candy.  It was fun to be surrounded by friends and spend the evening together eating, playing, and laughing!  I looked around and felt so grateful and blessed for good friends and good friends for my children.  Friends that become a part of you and are more like family then just friends!   Thanks everyone for everything and we missed those of you who couldn't be there! A tradition was born so plan on it next year!  We had fun and the Kids loved it!!!  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that looks like so much fun.

Love the turtle, and the beautiful fairies!

melanie said...

Thanks for having such a great party! My family loved it. Count us in for next year. I will be more fun next year. I was so wiped out by the time I got to the party I wasn't very fun. Next year I will be a party animal. Your girls were so cute. Can't wait to see what next year the kidds want to be.

leinbachfamily said...

The girls look so cute Nick, wish I could of seen them. Nile kept begging halloween night to drive to your house. The turtle costume is so dang cute. miss you guys