CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!



Happy 4th of July!!!  This year we went to my parents house in Yuma.  We had a lot of fun together.  My mom kept telling the girls she had a pool for them to swim in.  I had to laugh pretty hard when she pulled it out( I guess you could say she's a little paranoid of drowning).  Emeli thought it was pretty funny.  We all laughed so hard the next day she went and bought the slip n slide. 

 Every year in Yuma on the 4th of July before the fireworks they have a demolition derby.  For the last couple of years my little brother Scotty has entered the derby.  He loves the thrill of it all and proudly advertises our family business's name SignMasters.  Who wouldn't love driving all crazy in the mud crashing into everyone and hoping to win the pot of gold at the end!  It was a lot of fun to watch.  My kids loved it and thought that Uncle Scotty was the most daring and bravest uncle of all time!  Emeli did get a little nervous when his engine blew up ( I think she saw my reaction)!   He was OK.  I guess its all part of the thrill!! 
 It was the neatest thing before they started the derby the announcer over the intercom welcomed everyone and gave thanks for our beautiful  USA and the freedoms we enjoy.  He then went on to thank all of the Military men and women actively serving.   Then he asked for all who were in the Military or had a loved one who was serving at the time stand.  Can I just say what an AWESOME sight it was (Yuma is a very Military town with 2 very large bases) and the reverent feeling that came over the stadium  as everyone yelled and cheered out of PRIDE for our Country and the people who sacrifice all for us.  I was so grateful to be there! 
 Having a Grandpa who served in the Military in WWII has instilled a great respect and I am so grateful for him and the lessons he taught me of the price of our FREEDOM!  In  that moment I had my own little moment of great gratitude and love for all that these great men and women present and past for what they have sacrificed for me. So publicly I express my greatest thanks and love.    
I was so glad that my children could experience that moment and the true reason of why we clebrate the 4th of July.  Afterwards we went and sat in my brothers truck and watched the fireworks!  The kids loved it and loved being with there cousins (well as you can see Eden loved it till they started to go off.  We were so close that the big Boom was a little to much for her.)  We had a great weekend!  Love you all!!!







9 comments:

Brooks Family ♥ said...

How Fun! I love the 4th of July!!! Guess What!!! I come home in like 3-4 weeks and I WILL stop by someday! haha

The McEnaney's said...

Hey Nicky...I found you :) You and your family are beautiful. I love blogs for this very reason...I found your blog off someone else's blog. Tell your family hi for me!

sara said...

love this post...the demolition derby part sounds so fun, my kids would love it...and the gratitude you shared for those serving our country was so sweet, i too am so thankful for their service..

London said...

I'm glad you had a great time in Yuma. I love seeing that picture of Grandpa. He looks just the same as I remember him. Sounds like the girls loved it, and they looked so cute with their cousins (Emeli and Nile). Love ya!

London said...

p.s. Seriously that pool is hysterical. Ang has gotten more paranoid. You grew up with a pool for goodness sake, that looks like a pool for turtles. She is too funny. I love it.

melanie said...

What a fun 4th. The derby was really cool! Your kids will never forget that. I love the all the pictures. We need to go out soon.

ekarla14 said...

Nicky, it's your cousin Karla in Las Vegas....ur children are sooo beautiful...glad to c ur doing well...say hi to ur family for me....

Heather Neese said...

I have goosebumps. How blessed we are to live in such a wonderful country! And I totally miss the derby!! What fun.

Kendra said...

Wow! Your kids are growing up so fast! It looks like you have had a blast this summer.